There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Shots and Gum

All I have to do is look at a shot and I am as nervous as I was when I was a child in the doctors office.
The shot that we gave the Easley Painting today will make it better.
We used a needle to inject more glue into the rip on the painting. Then, we forced the rip edges flat by pressing them.
Then, we dealt with a surprise: gum!
Someone had stuck gum to the back of the painting while it hung in the library. It blended into the canvas color. We noticed the gum when we were transporting the painting and it stuck to something!
After glue and gum, we were back to color matching

and paint application.

We can now see the progress from when we first put the patch onto the back...





until now.
Things are looking good, and we are on our way to being done with this restoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment